Friday, March 17, 2017

Off We Go!

I've probably directed a few select friends and family members to this blog that are thinking, “Seriously, Jon started another blog? He doesn't write in his old ones.” And to that I say you are correct. Hopefully I have a better track record on this new one. But why a new blog? I needed a fresh start. Why a blog at all? I need some place to write. Writing is therapeutic for me, and as long as I'm writing I might as well post it publicly so my friends and family know what I'm up to. (I highly doubt my blog will get popular enough that anyone besides friends and family would ever read it. I won't be posting that private of information anyway.)

The blog will mainly be about my outdoor pursuits (hence the name) so expect posts about running, cycling, other general outdoor exploration, and maybe some travel. I could see some football (soccer) fandom and talk about food thrown in too. For awhile I'll also be writing a lot about my cancer battle (sorry, dramatic turn!) as I was diagnosed with stage II Hodgkin Lymphoma this past November. (I’ll save the details on that for another post.)

Alright. That's enough of a primer for now. Time to do some real posts and make this blog look nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment